Seeding/Uploading Torrents...

Duble0Syx

I've recently switched from Azureus and am quite happy. But when uploading a torrent to seed I have run into a bit of an annoyance. If I have it set to "Put new downloads in:" and "Move completed downloads to:", in order for µTorrent to start seeding I have to have files in the location set in "Put new downloads in:". Since i have that set as x:\downloads\incomplete and when finished they are moved to x:\downloads\. So is there a way to have µTorrent check the directory the files are moved to for seeding? Unless I put the files I intend to upload into the incomplete directory µTorrent tries to download rather looking for the files in the other directory. Hope that makes sense. Either way, thanks for the great client. Runs like a champ on my 400mhz box. Azureus was so damned slow. :)

I agree about this being a small problem. It is not always possible to copy everything into the default download directory if you are going to upload a torrent to a tracker. Then you will have to turn the default download direcory off before you start to seed.

I can't think of an easy solution to this problem, but I'm sure it's possible to do it somehow.

Guess I didn't think of that method. Currently I'd have to stick the torrent in my incomplete directory and as soon as it finishes checking it it is moved to the completed directory. I suppose adding a torrent that way would eliminate that problem. Still be great if it would check both specified directories when a torrent is first loaded. Either way this is still my favorite BT client. Thanks for the responses.

Archived