upload only setting?

Efdizk

Is there any way to set an unfinished .torrent to "upload only"? I have a couple reasons;

1) when I need more bandwidth for particular torrents, I'd still like to be able to stop downloading others and still be able to keep feeding them.

2) when a tracker has no seed, but another has seeds for the same exact file with a different hash.

To me this makes a lot of sense, and it sure would help keep up ratios (no need to completely stop torrents, just turn off the download side of things).

Is this possible or even feasible?

Thanks

1 is possible by setting all the files to 'Don't Download'

2 isn't possible to do without causing the torrents to conflict. You can only run one or the other. (You can't read a file while it's being written by something else) You can however, seed both when it's finished, so long as the files and structure are EXACTLY the same (the only difference would be piece size)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, too bad, still, it would be nice if it were possible. I had a partial torrent with no seed from one tracker and seeds for the exact same file on another tracker, but with different hashes, would have been nice to have been able to upload to the "seedless" tracker as the file was being downloaded from the other. I ended up waiting for it to complete, did a "forced re-check" for the "seedless" tracker and then seeded for both trackers.

Archived