Problem with seeding torrents I create

poopzilla85

Howdy,

I recently created and have been seeding a torrent for Kraytracker. There is only one person in particular trying to download from me. When I first start Utorrent, it will begin uploading correctly from speeds of anywhere from 25kbps to 60kbps for a minute or two before the connection just disappears and my number of peers drops back to zero and the peers tab stays at 0(1). Usually two to five minutes later, the connection will be found again, and continue to run again for maybe another minute or so before just disappearing.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as seed "throttling" or "blocking," as what I've read so far makes it sound like when this occurrs, either nothing seeded will ever upload at all, or it will be forced to upload at a very slow rate. Is this still the probability in my case?

• 1 month later...

i am also having trouble uploading my torrent...upload sppeed keeps dropping to 0 or 3/4 KBps somewhere around every 10-15 minutes.....i am with SKY-UK .....my max upload rate is abt 40KB and i have set my upload rate to 30KB ...but it keeps dropping to zero or next to nothing time after time....??any suggestions?? ..encryption is enabled..lazy.bit set to true..........what else can i try????please help..thank you.

Nothing? If you want to upload as much as fast as possible, disable initial-seeding. If you want to make sure people share what they get, enable initial-seeding. Barring interference from the ISP to keep you from seeding those are your options. If they are interfering however, you may need to force encryption and disallow unencrypted connections (2nd post in Ultima's How-To).

Archived