Download Speed Reported Incorrectly?

slimy

I'm seeding over 10 torrents, and watching the download column, the speeds never go higher than 0.2. They never add up to 1.0kb/s and yet the total download is always betewen 5kb/s-15kb/s. How is this possible? It fluctuates, but never does it drop below 5k/bs even though all I am doing is seeding.

So basically utorrent reports that overnight I have uploaded 100-300mb and upload 1.0-1.3GB, regardless that I haven't downloaded anything! I'm not sure if this is reported to my private tracker, but I sure as hope not!

Overhead does not get reported. I also usually have a difference between the sum of my Down Speed column and the total downloadspeed at the bottom although the difference is not as big as you. Still I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the 'Uploaded' and 'Downloaded' column this value will not include overhead. Afaik I know it is pretty much purely the pieces you have downloaded. Even downloaded pieces that failed the hash-check are not be included. And this is what is reported to your tracker.

If the 'Downloaded' column changes while u are seeding something very strange IS happening.

If you were talking about the 'Show statistics' option under help I have no idea what is and isn't included in those counts but that is mainly a 'fun' gimmick and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Archived