udp tracker + send to top

mattcobalta

Hello, big thank to µTorrent's developpers. Two simple questions :

- why are added the udp trackers in torrents' trackers while it's not supported by the application ?

- how can I bring a torrent at the first position in my list without clicking frenetically on the Up arrow in the Tool bar ?

Have you notice what occurs when you select all the files from a torrent and :

- right clic > Don't download,

- re-select all the files, right clic > Priority normal,

...it brings your torrent at the first position, weird, isn't it =D ?

Because while UDP trackers are not supported by uTorrent, they are supported by other apps., including Azureus IIRC.

Move to top/bottom priority has been requested by many (including me) many times... No result so far at least.

Huh? That's true (re. the torrent being sent to the top). O.o Well, there's your move to top right there! ;) Seriously though, that does seem like a bug to me, unless it's a weird 'feature' we don't know about?

µtorrent is great, even bugs are usefull =D. Another feature that should definitely convince scepticals to prefer the application against others :lol:.

I know that some other applications support udp:, what I mean is when you doubleclic on a torrent in your list you can see some udp: among the http: while I know µtorrent builds and saves trackers in the .torrent file (ie: add a torrent from mininova, use isoHunt, BitTorrentMonster and torrentLocomotive to increase the trackers).

'UDP trackers are dead. No one cares.' Well, I wonder why it does not remove the udp: ones from the .torrent file when it builds the tracker list. The message 'Invalid url' appears in the tracker status of the General tab when scrolling and passing on udp: trackers.

µTorrent doesn't build any tracker list. It uses what was fed to it in the .torrent file. It hasn't perform any filtering on the tracker list, whatsoever, so why should it start now? Some people use the tracker list to place torrent comments; if µTorrent were to remove any unrecognized "URLs," it would remove those too -- bad.

As for move to top/bottom, holding Shift while pressing the button does the job for you. That is a result -- and an old one at that :P

It's not really a bug, just a particular behavior. The only other choice would be to place the torrent job last in the queue if you change skipped files to download, but that isn't any more correct than putting it in first position in the queue (and putting it in the middle artibrarily makes even less sense).

I guess µTorrent decides to put it in first place since there's a chance that the user only skipped one file before, and if he wants to unskip a file or two, then he wants to get it done and over with immediately. Even if it's all files skipped then unskipped, it's (again) no more wrong to put it first in queue than last.

If enough files are skipped so that µTorrent no longer has anything to download, it doesn't have a position in the queue -- it's considered finished (and seeding, though not really). The next closest position in the queue actually would be first, as the only assumption µTorrent could make would be that the torrent was once started, and that it finished (so it's last queue position was probably somewhere near the top).

Archived