Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Determination

[torrent status] Simple

Description: Simple, minimalist icons inspired by Chameleon by Simplebits. (yes, they are smaller and different)

Changelog: Version 3

+ added 1.1.5 support

+ added slight shading to internal white area

Version 1.

simple-v1-preview.png

Version 2.

simple-v2-preview.png

Version 3.

simple-v3-preview.png

Lite.

simple-lite-preview.png

Version 3 Lite.

simple-v3-lite-preview.png

Mods

Simple Massive.

ts-simple-massive.png

Available on the skins page.

I agree great job. Is there anyway that in addition to the icons there could be colored text to mimic torrent status. Like in Bittornado varients. This was suggested before but the idea was to highlight rather than make the text colored which is too flashy in my opinion.

ie.:

Green text = torrent working correctly (downloading or seeding)

Red text = torrent not working yet or can't connect to tracker

Yellow text = torrent being firewalled

Black text = torrent in que and not doing any work

Just a suggestion

Is there anyway that in addition to the icons there could be colored text to mimic torrent status.

The skinning system is very simple, and there isn't the ability to change the text currently. Ludde / vurlix would be the ones to talk about that.

Good Stuff :)

Can i suggest trying to enlarge the inactive icon to see what it would look like as the utorrent program icon?

Simple v1.0 by Determination

==> NOTE: uTorrent v1.1.3+ only! <==

-.-.- Installation! -.-.-

1) Extract Zip.

2) Place "tstatus.bmp" file in the directory that contains "settings.dat" and "resume.dat". By default they are in your Windows<User>Application DatauTorrent directory.

3) Restart uTorrent.

4) Enjoy.

Did you read this? Make sure you have uTorrent v 1.1.3

that's actually an older version of my readme. This is what is included now, (which is correct using XP):

1) Extract Zip.
2) Place "tstatus.bmp" file in the directory that contains "settings.dat" and "resume.dat". By default they are in your Documents and Settings<User Name>Application DatauTorrent directory.
3) Restart uTorrent.
4) Enjoy.

The best bet is to take this opportunity to move settings.dat and resume.dat to wherever you have your utorrent.exe. Once you do that, you can put torrent status / toolbar icons in the same directory at save yourself some trouble.

... and make sure you are using 1.1.3 :)