Automatic ipfilter.dat updater

Requi3m

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I made a little update to the ipfilter update script, so that it will start utorrent.

@echo off
rem Update ipfilter.bat
if exist ipfilter.dat copy ipfilter.dat ipfilter.bak > nul
if exist ipfilter.dat del ipfilter.dat
wget.exe -Nr --tries=3 http://emulepawcio.sourceforge.net/nieuwe_site/Ipfilter_fakes/ipfilter.dat -O ipfilter.dat
rem Now start uTorrent
cd C:\Program Files\uTorrent\
start uTorrent.exe
exit

I use the script to start uTorrent at system startup and I replaced all my shortcuts with it too. Also, if you click the script while uTorrent is running it will just update the ipfilter and not start a second instance of uTorrent.

EDIT: Added the -N option to wget for timestamping. Why download the same file?

EDIT2: -N will still fetch the same file. Anyone have a different idea?

• 1 year later...
uTorrent ipfilter.dat updater 1.02

by Requi3m

Email: requi3m(at)requi3m.net

-----------------------------------

ABOUT:

This program automatically downloads the peerguardian level1.txt file and converts it into an ipfilter.dat file that utorrent can read. I've also included the Visual Basic 6 source code so that you can modify the program yourself.

It works on win9x' date=' XP, 2003, and probably vista, however it has not been tested on vista. It requires nothing other than msvbvm60.dll. Let me know if it doesn't work on your OS. Also, if you find any bugs please contact me using my email above so that I may correct them.

INSTALLATION:

Put "ipfilter.dat updater.exe" and "7za.exe" in your utorrent folder (or whatever folder you want the program to run from.) If you want, you can also create a shortcut to "ipfilter.dat updater.exe" on your desktop for easy access later.

USAGE:

First make sure uTorrent is setup to use the ipfilter. Open uTorrent and go to "Options > Preferences > Advanced > Advanced options > ipfilter.enabled" and set it to "true"

Then just run "ipfilter.dat updater.exe" and click the button "Update ipfilter.dat!". The program will do the rest for you. Make sure to restart uTorrent afterwards.[/quote']

http://www.requi3m.net/ipfilter.dat%20updater.rar

If there's enough interest I could create a version that runs in the background and updates the file every so often. Post any questions/comments here.

Hi,

Are you still working on this project?

I would like to have an automatic ipfilter updater who works on Windows 7 64bit (French version)

Archived