GUI update Settings

noobseeder

GUI means 'graphic user interface'. It's what you see when you're running the program.

I suggest you leave it at 1000ms. Higher values will incur a minor decrease in µTorrent's CPU usage (ie. it will speed your computer up a little). Lower values will do the opposite.

The number is how frequently µTorrent updates data on your screen, like your current download speed and upload speed, etc.

No change in performance, it's just the refresh speed like task manager's, except with finer control. (unless your system was so incredibly slow that one screen refresh takes up all the CPU... but even then it might not make a difference.)

lol thx for clarifying that.. i have set mine to 500ms

I still feel that Ludde should nuke the entire GUI refresh option and stick to 1000ms...I mean, most programs default to that value anyway, right? :|

Some people like the extra customization, and it's a really simple feature to implement that uses up almost no extra space..

Your download/upload speed will be updated no less than every 1000ms, though.

Damn. That's why I wanted a really low value (I was hoping it would be in advanced settings), because I wanted to get 'instant' updates for the download speed. (You know those programs that show the speed at that instant and update it maybe 20 times a second? That looks much cooler :P)

Also the idea of having a smooth graph appeals to me.. :(

As a uTorrent noobie, previously AZ user, i would love it if the graph covered a much greater time period... sort of a history of the past 30 mins or so, possibly configurable. The current graph only seems to cover the last 2 mins or so (using default 1000ms). Apart from that i'm hooked with uTorrent.. bye bye AZ

Archived