uTorrent webui with Firefox 3 Beta

pino227

I'm not sure if there is a topic about this all ready but I registered just to say that after installing Firefox 3 Beta, I noticed that I could not access my uTorrent via webui.

Is there a fix for this? If not I hope that it will be fixed by the time Firefox 3 is released.

Thanks

It's a problem with the javascript code, and not a rendering regression. The error is:

Error: document.styleSheets[n].href has no properties
Source File: http://www.paradroid.net:6502/gui/stable.js
Line: 1

There are only two references to document.styleSheets, and they look like so:

if (document.styleSheets[n].href.indexOf("stable.css") == -1) {
continue;
}

Changing it to:

if (!document.styleSheets[n].href || document.styleSheets[n].href.indexOf("stable.css") == -1) {
continue;
}

fixes it.

To fix it yourself, extract stable.js from webui.zip, search and replace

document.styleSheets[n].href.indexOf("stable.css")

with

!document.styleSheets[n].href||document.styleSheets[n].href.indexOf("stable.css")

and then put the updated stable.js back in webui.zip.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

after messing around fro 30mins getting the zip to actuly work, i still get a error..

document.styleSheets[n].href is null
dxSTable()stable.js (line 1)
dxSTable(div#List.stable, [Object text=Name width=200px type=0 enabled=true, Object text=Status width=100px type=0 enabled=true, Object text=Size width=60px type=1 enabled=true, 13 more...])stable.js (line 1)
init()script.js (line 1)
[Break on this error] var TYPE_STRING=0;var TYPE_NUMBER=1;var TYPE_DATE=2;var TYPE_STRING_NO_CASE=3;va...

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a fix to get the WebUI to work on firefox 3 Beta 3, however, I am unaware of the consequences that could occur by doing this. It is similar to what fnorgal posted earlier. Just open up stable.js from the zip file and find this code:

if (document.styleSheets[n].href.indexOf("stable.css") == -1) {
continue;
}

replace it with this:

continue;

Then put stable.js back into the zip file.

This stops any error by removing any mention of document.styleSheets[n].href, but I am unsure if it will cause problems down the road. All I know for now is that it allows me to access everything from my firefox.

@ computerwolf

you think you can up a version of your webui.zip that works somewhere, Ive tried to no avail. I think being that I use a mac, "archive files" messes something up.

If you could up it somewhere I would be forever indebted. This is the only thing keeping me from using Firefox 3

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having somewhat the same issue. At first, I could only get the first 1 or 2 torrents to show a properties menu, but after adding. deleting torrents, none work now.

The error I get on the remote side, on the logger tab is;

JS error: [1] args[2] has no properties

I'm using the latest stable Firefox release, not the 3 beta, I've also made sure I have the latest Java version.

This also happens with and older version of Netscape I keep around, and this happens on several remote machines.

The system in a Win2K machine, that is pretty much stripped down, i.e. not much in the way of software except for torrent related stuff, utorrent, peerguardian, an IRC client, AV, and various media players. Other than that, there isn't much else.

I've also tried the modified webui.zip mentioned above, exact same error.

Ideas anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I confirm that computerwolf's zip worked with uTorrent 1.7.7 on WinXP SP3. Browser used IE7 from localhost and FF3B5 from remote Ubuntu 8.04. So far no errors or "consequences" :) Good job, computerwolf!

PS FF3 will not be released until July 2008, so it's best to grab mentioned zip while it's online!

• 1 month later...

Archived