uTorrent webui with Firefox 3 Beta

pino227

I have a problem with webUI and Firefox 3.0 RC2. Loading up the current version of the uTorrent WebUI in Firefox 3 RC2 results in a loading screen that doesn't go away. Does anyone have same problem and know how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

I can concur that with Firefox 3 release version the replacement webui.zip works first time.

Also tried loading it in the browser in my Nokia N95. Authentication is ok, the page loads with details of the torrents in text-form only for a split second, but as soon as the javascript portion loads, we're back to the old "loading" message again. The N95's browser should do java/javascript ok, it's worked before in other websites i've viewed. Just a heads up.

I'm kinda thinking this might be related to the "uncompressed" versions of the javascript, would this be a likely explanation? as i've not modified them at all.

I get the loading screen only. It works fine in FF2 and IE7, just doesn't work in FF3. I'm using same add-ons as ones in FF2: Tab Mix Plus, Foxmarks, IE tab, Customize Google, FireGestures, Pic Lens, Uppity, Answers, and Adblock Plus.

I haven't check the FF3 javascript settings but its at default.

@bebopblues:

Try Tools -> Clear Private Data -> Select Cache, Deselect all others -> Press Clear Private Data Now

And now try reloading the webui with ctrl+F5

Still loading forever?

Are you sure you installed the fix or multi-language version correctly?

You did overwrite the old webui.zip that is found next to the settings.dat which by default is in the %appdata%\utorrent folder (but could also be in the %programfiles%\utorrent folder), right?

I advice you install the multi-language webui.zip. Then you will see an extra menu icon (where you can choose the language) when you start the webui in Fx2 or IE7. If you don't see that icon in those browsers then you didn't install it correctly and it is still using the old webui.zip.

If you see the icon in Fx2/IE7 but it still doesn't work in Fx3 then it has to be one of those Add-ons.

In that case close all Firefox windows (C&P this to notepad or something) Goto start -> Run and type

"%programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p

(including the "s)

You will get the Fx3 profile manager. Now press Create Profile.

This will create a second clean profile it won't damge/hurt/adjust your old profile and you won't lose any data.

Next -> Name: test -> Finish

Select the test profile and press Start Firefox.

Now see if the webui works.

If it does work now you should start installing your Add-ons again one by one checking if the webui still works after you install each one until you find the one that borks the webui.

Then you have to chose between either not using the webui or not using that specific Add-on. We respect either choice but it would be great if you could tell us which Add-on it was so we know that one causes the webui trouble when more people come knocking.

After all this start the profile manager again and delete the test profile and its files (don't delete the wrong one!). Select your old profile and press Start Firefox. Your old profile will be default again. And if you wish you can now uninstall the Add-on that is causing the webui trouble which should fix the problem.

Try clearing the webui cookie as well (as described in the readme). I ran into the same problem recently (stuck at Loading), and the only way to fix it was to clear the cookie (well, actually, I removed all the webui* keys in settings.dat, but whatever, I'm pretty sure the cookie was the issue).

Archived