Problem connecting to peers

username10

I have been seeding a torrent that I created for about an hour and half now. I have three peers, but cannot connect to them most of the time. Every couple minutes, the upload speed spikes and goes from nothing to around 100kb/s. Why is this? Also, I have a green check and I'm fairly sure that the port is forwarded. I don't know if it matters or not, buy I'm using a Comcast connection.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm on ComCast too, and it seems they recently started dropping connections in my area. :(

It is EXTREMELY bad on torrents with lots of seeds and peers that finish downloading in under 1 hour. I'm not able to hold onto peers there, often they disconnect within 8 seconds...if they ever connect at all!

Even on large "good" torrents with sufficient peers and few seeds, peers often disconnect between 30 and 38 seconds. You can almost set your watch by it. The weird thing is, I'll be uploading to them and constantly be getting requests for MORE from them even up till the instant of the disconnect.

I tried the method found below with utorrent:

http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-encrypt-BitTorrent-traffic/

I now have a constant connection with one of my peers! However, I am still unable to form a constant connection with the others. I'm not sure if that method was what did it (maybe it has to do with the one peer's location and/or connection), but others may want to give it a try.

Archived