Default upload speed for new torrents.

DaRkY

Hi!

I have a problem with default unlimited upload speed for new torrents. On some trackers it's better for my rating to seed my own torrents, than downloaded ones (rating is increased by 2). But when I begin downloading of new torrent, it's upload speed is unlimited and I've got worse speed on my torrents (I have limited upload channel). So, I must set 1 kb upload speed for every new torrent manually by going to "Bandwidth allocation-Set upload limit" 5 times (25 kb, 10 kb, 5 kb, 3 kb, 1 kb).

Is there some kind of "Default upload speed for new torrents" setting or any other way to solve my problem? Or maybe it is in plans for versions?

Thank you for possible answer:)

Update:

I've add 1 kb option to the Speed Popup List in Advanced - User Interface and it becomes little bit easier. But I forgot to change upload speed almost every time:(

Switeck

You didn't get my problem right, maybe because of my bad english. I dont have a problem with excess of my global upload speed. I have a problem with downturn of upload speed of my torrents because of unlimited upload speed of newly added torrents.

Switeck

No. For example, I'm seeding one torrent, that I created. By forum rules, my upload inreases by 2. I have a 100 kb limited channel and I'm seeding this torrent at 100 kb speed. My upload on tracker growing on 200 kb/s. Now i'm starting to download a new torrent. It's upload speed is unlimited by µTorrent default setting (exactly this setting i want to change in preferences) and i'm uploading 60 kb for my torrent and 40 kb for new one. Now my upload growing only on 160 kb/s (60*2+40).

DreadWingKnight

I didn't said, that something works badly. I was interested in some kind of "Default upload speed for new torrents" option in current or newer versions. Ultima answered me in his post and i'm already looking for another torrent client.

Anyway, thank you for your help and your answers. Good forum with good people!

"By forum rules, my upload inreases by 2."?

Uh...not by our forum rules! :lol:

There's no "new math" here. :P

There's nothing stopping you from manually setting the new torrent you started to a lower upload speed AND lower upload slot limit.

Having all new torrents set to a fixed upload speed can cause problems too...they may fail to reach their limit. So for example, 10 uploads set to 10 KiloBYTES/sec max each is VERY unlikely to reach your 100 KiloBYTES/sec upload max.

I talk about option, that set to unlimited by default. Those people, who uploading

torrents, which they downloading, will not change this option.

Ofcourse, I can manually set lower upload speed. But when you do it for every new torrent and often forget about it, you starting to think about an option:)

Archived