After 5 mins. running connection slows down 500kbps? Everytime. Y?

worldishis

I do not have sympatico as an ISP. I have Comcast which is on the bad ISP list but for not allowing seeding, which I don't have a problem with. I have read the FAQ and done everything listed except for porting forward as I don't have a problem with that.

Now my problem is this: when I open Utorrent my download/upload speed will reach up to 700kbs with the norm being somewhere around 500, then after 5 minutes or so the connection will just slow down extremely and cap out at about 80kbps. I have tried everything and I cannot figure this out please help, as this is driving me mad!

-worldishis

It's part of the same thing that interferes with seeding. Seeding is part of the game, wreck that and it just isn't the same game anymore. :(

ComCast is dropping connections just because it can in the hopes it saves them bandwidth. It can work, but so badly sabotages BitTorrent in the process as to make torrents fail to complete or complete far slower than they would otherwise.

Seeding isn't completely prevented in my area, but I'm fighting to hold onto 10 TOTAL connections while I do it!

No no, what I meant when I said I don't have a problem with it, was not that I dislike seeding, it's that I'm seeding just fine. I haven't capped my upload speeds at all and have been able to upload up to about 70kbps on just ONE file. So that part is just fine. It's the sudden drop in my uttorent "bandwidth" that is the issue.

I am thinking maybe I do need to manually port forward now and that there is some issue with my router (lynksys) that is causing some interference. I just don't know, that's probably not even right. Please help. :(

Archived