PLease help: All connections Drop every 10 min or so

Darkstar_The_Movie

OK. I'm new to torrents but am proficent in networking (many years) I've been trying to figure out a problem with my torrent downloads and don't know if it's something in the program that I've configured wrong, or something with my provider (timewarner)

Approximatly every 10 minutes all my connections go away (400K down to ~0K) Uplads do the same thing at the same timand then restart I have a static IP that Nated to my internal address. I'm using a checkpoint Firewall.

I have tried setting the config all the way down to about 10 open connections and only one file running at a time and think I've tried all the various cobminations of items presented in the speed problems message. I get good speeds when it runs. I've tried adjusting up vs down. I've even tried seperate machines with the same effect (Windows XP sp 2 3 gb core) I've tried the various tcpip.sys patches as well.

Any sugestions greatly appreciated.....

(I have an screen shot of the speed page but can't paste it in here, i'll have to read up on that part)

Check the first link in my signature regarding interrupted connections. You've tried some of the suggestions already, but there are some others you haven't yet tried (disabling DHT being one, off the top of my head). I have this funny feeling your firewall might be acting stupid.

Archived