Torrent list management - Collapsable Groups

theWalrus

To help manage the list as it grows when more torrents are added and current torrents are left in the list to seed, I propose allowing torrents to be grouped. Also to have those groups be collapsable. Here is a representation of what I believe would be awesome. No other client I have used has ever allowed it.

Anyway, my proposed feature (linked for size):

Group - Expanded

Group - Collapsed

I like this idea, I have literally dozens of torrents that I monitor for seed requirements at any given time, so being able to add torrents into groups would be great, since I don't really want to see those torrents 24/7. Specifically, being able to create and label a group in any way, drag-and-drop the torrent into the group (or use a menu object, such as 'Move to group..' if necessary) and even being able to put a group within a group (Seed Watch > TV Series > Rome, etc.) would clean up my list quite a bit.

Hopefully this will get picked up :)

-Edit-

Being able to set faster refreshes such as 250ms and 125 would be great too ;)

Good Idea!, Add to the featurelist page..

Only problem is that i think ludde will have a hard time to implement becuase it will require some advanced/complicated programming, and I think he have to redo alot of ui-codebase to make it possible to implement.

I really dislike the category based UIs.

Also, tjobo is quite right. Assuming that ludde uses native win32 controls, and the normal ones do NOT have categories or similar methods (listviews exist, but they do not work in the same way, and i dont think they have columns at all) it means rewriting the complete interface elements, something i wouldn't even poke at. Implenemting one's own controls can be tricky especially with this kinda feature.

• 3 weeks later...
it means rewriting the complete interface elements, something i wouldn't even poke at. Implenemting one's own controls can be tricky especially with this kinda feature.

At this moment, all torrents are displayed in a single window. Maybe multiple vertically stacked windows can be shown. Every group gets it's own window.

+---------------------------------+

| Window for group 1 torrents |

| Window for group 2 torrents |

| Window for group 3 torrents |

etc.

Now the individual windows can be shown, minimized or whatever default interface element is available.

Just my 2 cents . . .

Archived