No Incoming Connections/Port Not Open/Not Downloading

dshillymonkey

So heres the problem. I'm in college and I went home and downloaded with ease on my home line but when I came back all the sudden my torrents won't download and when they do its ridiculous speeds like .5kb/sec and never gets about 3kb/sec. It says No Incoming Connections at the bottom and when I test ports no matter which port, they are always not open. I would think this was a firewall problem but I downloaded before my trip home at decent speeds. Also, my roommate has no problems with his uTorrent. I don't have windows firewall on.

Please help. I've tried your freedom with no avail. My school does use wireless and hard line and when I disable one or the other nothing changes. I have no clue what router they use. Also, I don't know if this is related but when I check for updates it says unable to contact utorrent update server.

EDIT: Sorry I'm new and I should've posted this in speed troubles.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, same here. The thing is, my utorrent used to work fine, and I was able to download files really fast until the new update came out. Ever since I accepted the update, I can't connect to the network anymore. I'm also on a college campus.

If you have a firewall you configured the OLD 1.7.5 version on you need to RE-setup for the new version. Yet another reason software firewalls are useless and only serve to annoy when you're behind a router. Now on a college campus it is GOOD PRACTICE to keep your computer secured, but a software firewall doesn't do that either. Turn off all non-essential services and the best anyone can hope to find is your IP public shares and your comuter type/information. Also afaik Windows Firewall does a fine job of preventing incoming connections should you choose to use one. And it doesn't cause trouble with uT as uT integrates with windows calls for it.

Archived