New User Questions - Thank You

David5678

Hi,

I am using torrent for the first time, and I do not yet fully understand the interface, though I have reviewed much of FAQ and beginner guide. I don't expect to use it a lot, and I don't need a comprehensive understanding.

I downloaded 2 files early yesterday, and 2 more last night. I threw away the 2 small torrent files from my desktop from the morning session, before shutting the computer down. This morning, only the later 2 download files from the evening session are still in the client queue. (The downloads corresponding to the torrent files I discarded are gone, leading to my question about extraction/saving)

I have a couple of questions:

a) MOST IMPORTANTLY: Is there a way to simply extract or save the files to another location in my hard drive once they are downloaded ? If so, this will resolve my issue.

B) Do the small torrent access files need to stay on the desktop (or elsewhere) for the downloaded files to survive in the library?

c) Is there a way to access a library, like in media players, other than the completed download queue?

Thanks for any help with this.

a) The only way downloaded data (even partial downloads) is deleted is if you manually delete those files or use 'Delete Torrent and Data' in the r-click menu of that torrent in the µtorrent list. If I followed your story correctly your torrent is unlisted somehow but the downloaded data should still be on your harddisk.

B) No. With normal settings. The .torrent file is copied to %appdata%\utorrent unless that location is changed in the µtorrent preferences.

c) No and Yes. µtorrent itself doesn't keep track of torrents or the downloaded data once the torrent is removed from the list. But the .torrent file should still be in %appdata%\utorrent and the downloaded data should still be at the place where you saved it (unless you used a special delete option as described at a).

Thanks for the response. B) and c) were helpful, but the response to question a) was not addressing the question I asked.

Here's the question again:

a) MOST IMPORTANTLY: Is there a way to simply extract or save the files to another location in my hard drive once they are downloaded ? If so, this will resolve my issue.

This is the main question actually, about this situation and any future downloads.

So I get a .exe file downloaded to the utorrent, and there it is in the completed file list. So how can I just get that file to be on my desktop?

Thanks Again

Archived