My download speed can't go faster than 30 k/b..

Syao

I'm downloading right now from TL(Yeah,supposed to be at least 200 k/b)and the download just won't go faster than 30k/b!

It just stays on 29~30 and never changes.

The port is opened and everything,I didn't put any D/U limiter,and I don't see any reason for it to be like this..

And this is not the first time it happened,I downloaded from other places and it stopped going up at 30 k/b.

Any solution?

Yes i'm experiencing the same problem with µTorrent.. i fail to understand whats the problem.. the port is open and there's the green tick mark too..

I'm using Siemen's SL2-141 ADSL Modem n using internet wirelessly..Its been proveded by the ISP BSNL, in India.. Unlimited 256 kbps connection.

I thing the problem lies with the router because i'm simultaneously using Airtel n i get better speeds on it havin the same 256 kbps unlimited connection..

Sumone pls help.. if u need ny other info do ask i'll provide it..

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, i am getting the EXACT same error. My usual speeds are 500kb/s. No settings changed my computer suddenly started downloading at only 30 and below, NEVER higher. I dont know whats going so i tried everything suggested (yea i read the "increase speed" threads and all. Can anyone pls help? My ISP is Bell Canada

Finaly I solved the problem :) I've checked that other p2p apps are going at the same slow speed. So I tried to cheat a little. I contacted my ISP and told him that I had got new computer. So he asked my new one mac adress. I told it for him and noticed that on new loptop speeds are much higher.. Hmm interesting. So I changed old computers mac adress to laptop mac :)) And guess what? Speeds are perfect again :)

WOO! That's your problem.

If you are trying to use multiple computers behind your router.. this is what you need to do.

Now that you KNOW your MAC for the computer the ISP put up... you need to login to your router FROM that computer and "clone" the MAC address of that computer.

ISPs do this to make sure you can only access the internet with what their technician (theoretically hooked up) when your line was installed.

Unless you don't have a router?

Archived