Change the Background Color

seantheman

Hey, this may seem like a silly question, but is there a way to change to background color in utorrent? I like to have the program open, since I have a second monitor that I can put it on, but the standard white background is kinda bright. Is there any way to invert the colors somehow? Any help appreciated!

• 1 month later...

On the desktop right click and go to properties. Click on the apperance tab, and then advanced options. Click on the active window background and colour 1 is the background, colour 2 is the font colour. This will be applied to all applications where applicable. If you have window blinds and need to change the backfround colour of the skin (which I would) you do the same thing but on advanced options click on other advanced controls.

Hope this has been helpful. :)

Yep, oreilly confirms that's it http://safari.oreilly.com/9780789737274/ch05lev1sec22 .

Given it's been the same implementation since ... build 110, I'd say uT shows off its staying power by not changing the interface much. Even the much-needed overhaul of the Preferences pane for the upcoming 1.8 release puts things nice and in their place.

I would like to make one point though: uT uses the "Window" color from the Display settings, GetSysColor() it's not COLOR_BACKGROUND, (I have an old version of the PSDK so I can't confirm these constants)... but since 1.4 when "alternate list background" was implemented the off-colour has always been white. You cannot change it, which causes some... dissonance when you have a dark theme going.. Could I suggest using maybe COLOR_APPWORKSPACE as the even-numbering background colour? I would also like to point out, uT follows all other preferences (which I can check on XP, since I haven't had a chance to get a computer working with Vista on it yet I make no guarantees) visually including visual style (if set) and highlighting of text, objects, and menus.

Well, sorry. I should have said thank you.:D Keep in mind this is .. the beginning, well only 1 of several "bugs" with the interface I'm working on packaging for you Ryan :) To let you know, I'll be able to tell right away even after you are to test it. I made a "special" theme for this testing for highlighting, selection, etc.. nothing is a similar colour. It's kinda funny seeing uT with a fuscia window dressing when it's inactive. What's even funnier is having a lime green dressing when it's active :P

I concur the default color (as seen in mspaint) is something like 60% grey but you can CHANGE _APPWORKSPACE.

Since whatever that constant "Window" codes to is applied by the user's settings, why not the alternate one as well?

The implementation of the alternate line being the same colour as the highlighted column colour in 1.8 looks spiffy. WOO!!! Ryan's GUI hacking

• 6 months later...

well reading this postings ...

can some one tell in more simple explanation how and were to change

this color settings for the utorrent program ?

it seems it must be stored somewere as there is an option with the grey line

to the background

which file is responseble for that ? and were its located ?

i search hours to find out nothing found yet

it seems Utorrent is hiding a lot of program settings

just change the color code for the backgound itself would be super

but to find the setting is like searching for a tree in the amazone -)

In the Control Panel, go to Display. From there go to the place where you set system colors. In XP there is a dropdown menu, one option is called "Background"... default of course is WHITE. In that setup depending on your monitor settings for brightnes and contrast you may notice a different coloring between 1.7 and 1.8. HOWEVER when this background color is changed in 1.8 the alternating color WILL ALSO change, not just stay grey... very useful for people who have white-text on black-background ;)

Archived