Quick firewall question.

strat6

Ok I managed to get the port forwarding setup on my wireless modem(TCP and UDP) and I am finally getting the "Network Ok". It is a noticeable increase, but not what it should be yet(About from 10kB/s - 25/30kB/s) In my firewall(windows xpsp2) exceptions I have utorrent.exe there, but do I also need to add another exception with my port I am using for that prog?(I.e. 30000 for tcp and udp) or is just having the program in exceptions enough?

Ok I thought I would clarify what I did so far. Forwarded TCP and UDP port 30000 on my wireless modem to my comp ip 192.xxx.2.10. Now I didn't make it static because I don't know how to do that yet, but this is the only computer on my "network" So i am just assuming it won't be an issue.

I wasn't sure that internal ips were dynamic(/time leased) or not. I know my public ip is though, so I set it up statically. Thanks for the link!

By the way so far I love uTorrent, as soon as I get the speeds I am looking for(And I know I will) it will be that much better. Keep up the great work guys.

Archived