Am I just supposed to pull a username and password out of thin air?

TorrentzEh

I can not shake off the yellow exclamation mark so am going thru the port forwarding instructions. I type my default gateway number into my browser and this thing asks me for my username ans password!? Username and password for what!? What the hell, I've tried everything, it doesn't make any sense! Anyone ever solved this mystery? I don't even know what a port is, all I know is that I am living on campus and I think there is a lot of interfering going on.

Usually your gateway is a router. Routers require logins to prevent unauthorized users getting access to them and messing with your connection. If you don't know the username/password you should ask the person who does. Or you could search for default u/p combinations online for your router model. Note: admin/admin is common. So is admin/"" (blank)

Edit: just noticed... If you're on a resnet you can't... unless you use a standard port like 80 to listen on. In either case you will most likely not be able to get incoming connections.

You will however be providing your campus pipe outbound to anyone who lets you in :D (disregard talk about personal links earlier, i'm tired)

Archived