utorrent-1.2.3-beta-358 (Unicode)

ludde

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

µTorrent modified the result of GetCommandLineW, so if you had spaces in the path, then the path would look like

"C:\foo bar\utorrent 1.3.exe" argument

so when parsing utorrent would remove the last ", so if your system had a driver with a buggy command line parser, it would crash. This is not something you normally see, since virtually no program normally modifies GetCommandLineW.

Uh i'm using Firefox 1.5 and the multiple instances happen to me too. Even when i save the torrent to the hard disk and click on the torrent, it still opens another instance. Same problem with build 360. I'm on XP SP2. My utorrent path is D:\Program Files\utorrent. Already associated the exe with torrent files.

Uh i'm using Firefox 1.5 and the multiple instances happen to me too. Even when i save the torrent to the hard disk and click on the torrent, it still opens another instance. Same problem with build 360. I'm on XP SP2. My utorrent path is D:\Program Files\utorrent. Already associated the exe with torrent files.

exact same situation. runnin firefox 1.5. My path to utorrent is G:\

My 2 cents.

I've installed beta 360 to see if I can help. Of course, I haven't any kind of BSOD (I have utorrent installed in p:/mtorrent folder). Trying to see the multiple instance error, I've try to load a torrent using the classic "open by double-click" method, and nothing happens... nor a new instance is opened nor the current instance opens the torrent.

Trying to locate the problem a little more, I've closed utorrent and clicked in a torrent. Beta 360 opens at that command, but the torrent is not loaded neither.

Even more I have restarted build 345 (version 1.2.2) and repeat the operation. It works perfectly. So the problem have to be located between 345 an 360. Let's look what happens to 358 unicode... it neither works. So we know problem is btween 345 an 358.

I'm using NT 4.0, and I'm starting to think that I'm the Omega man of NT 4.0 so my conclusions can be influenced by the use of this operating system. Can anyone using W98 or Wxp confirm the problem?.

Archived