Utorrent makes the internet connection go down.....

jdstyrer@hotmail.com

Hello...

My utorrent only download about 30 min, then everything stops and nothing happens, and the internet connection also goes down..... Then i have to reset my router and switch, and everything is ok again ..... but only about 30 min when i start utorrent.....

Utorrent is installed ok and everything is allright.

WHAT COULD BE WRONG ?????

Using the Actiontek router supplied by Verizon FiOS. Couldn't surf while using uTorrent. (15M/2M connection). I found about a zilllion ports had been forwarded after a few weeks use of uTorrent. I completely cleared out all these forwarded ports, and set uTorrent to use only one port. The problem of not being able to view webpages, etc while uTorrent was running went away. The problem manifested itself primarily as a DNS lookup failure. The Actiontek is kinda slow to respond in any case, while playing with settings. Wonder if all those port forward rules choked it??

-- Doc

Hello - I am having exactly the same problem - my Utorrent connection works fine for about 30 mins and then stops. It freezes up my internet connection after that too. If I reboot utorrent works again for another 30 mins and then the same problem.

In utorrent I am getting the yellow triangle and exclamation mark - with the "no incoming connections" warning even during the 30 mins when Utorrent works. When I try the speed test and port forwarding configuration settings none of these functions respond.

I'm running XP (SP2), Norton 2008, IE 7 with no router. This is a new problem as Utorrent worked fine up until a couple of weeks ago.

Any suggestions gratefully received

Without a router the problem may lie with a software firewall. Are you getting any error messages in the Logger tab in uT when the internet stops working? Before I patched my tcpip.sys I got "an operation could not be completed becuase there is not enough buffer space available" which is covered in the FAQ. Please note the yellow triangle itself does not mean there specificially is a problem, since you can still EXTERNALLY connect to people who are not behind firewalls or who have forwarded ports. Since this seems to be regularly occurring it reasons it's easily testable. Does the system or uT specifically slowdown prior to the hanging? Are you able to browse the internet while downloading, and does it stop entirely when uT hangs?

Have you made any specific changes to your computer in that time?

-----------------------------

"If the answer is no, it's your ISP." Anonymous

Archived