Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

msimon1960

Web UI - Invalid Request

I'm using uTorrent 1.7.5 stable on a MS Vista Home Basic fileserver in my home.

I've enabled the webui interface. The ip of the server is 192.168.0.2 and the port is 12184 which is 'open' according to uTorrent's internal diagnostics.

I'm trying to connect to the file server from another workstation on my home network at 192.168.0.10 running XP Pro full patched under IE 7 using the URL:

http://192.168.0.2:12184/gui/

All I get is 'invalid request'

Any suggestions?

Matt.

That was changed to mean invalid port in an earlier version..

But, under Ctrl-P -> Advanced -> WebUI can you verify if you limited IP address access, that you enabled access from 192.168.0.255/24 ?

The invalid request error looks like this:

invalidrequest.png

If you have a different problem then this is the wrong topic to read and post in. Please check this topic for other problems and info.

Back on topic:

In short 'Invalid Request' means that you did connect to µtorrent but connected to its 'incoming connections' listener instead of the webui.

This happens when:

• you didn't enable the webui
  • you mistyped or forgot the /gui/ part of the url (like in the example above)
  • you connected to the µtorrent port instead of the webui alt port (IF you enabled it)
  • you are not in the restricted list* (IF you enabled it by filling in one or more addresses)
  • you are entering a request url (an url with a ? in it) without supplying the (correct) token (IF webui.token_auth** is enabled), too late in the list of GET variables.

* Under some circumstances the restricted list might have 'NaN' in it. If this is the case anybody trying to access the webui will get an invalid request error, to solve this issue simply empty the restricted list.

** Having this enabled is a GOOD thing. It increases security greatly. As of 2.0 it is even enabled by default. See this topic for more info.

Ah, the webui and the listener port have to be different.

I enabled the webui

I set the webui alt port to 60660

I'm trying to access the workstation at http://192.168.0.2:60660/gui/

I have no restrictions on the IP's allowed to connect (blank)

I'm challenged for credentials now. Then nothing -- blank screen, no message.

I had the very same error. Then I read the readme/install text file. Everything is there.

* You should not unzip the webui.zip

* You should put it where it should be

As I said... It's all in that file.

Good luck.

now i got the problem i have done all that he have done, i have a different listener and webui port but it still says invalit request. ? this problem makes me sick please help me get well again (A)

The Logger tab is in µTorrent. If you don't know what we're referring to, press F5 in µTorrent a few times, and you'll see it.

Change listening ports (in Preferences > Connection, or Preferences > Advanced > Web UI if you already have an alternative listening port set), and make sure you've forwarded it and allowed it through your firewall.

if you chose the port and it doesn't work, it's 'cause your firewall is blocking it or some other app is already using that port

Start > Run > cmd /k netstat /a

If you see a connection with local address using :8080, and with state being "LISTENING", then something else is using the port for listening.

Question: When you set the port to 8080, what happens when you try accessing http://localhost:8080/gui

?

port 8080: it says invalid request (at home for me)

but at my school the usernamn och password windows shows, and when i put the right info it comes up again like i would have written wrong, and on and on

invalid request means you have something set up improperly. Again, what happens in the Logger tab when you get that error? The error shouldn't even be spit back unless you successfully connected to µTorrent in the first place.