Organizing a local queue with uTorrent

ZeframCochrane

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, so I hope I started the thread in the right section. :)

I was wondering if there is a way to organize the way torrents are downloaded. Both in the case of torrents containing a single file and of ones containing multiple files in them.

Is there a way to start downloading a stopped file once another one has finished downloading? For example, suppose I'm downloading two separate torrents, A and B, both containing only one file. I start downloading torrent A, but stop B. Is there a way to make uTorrent automatically resume B when A has finished downloading? This can be useful for when I could use file A while B is still downloading, because if I download them at the same time I'd have to wait the same amount of time, but not being able to use file A in the meantime.

The same thing can be said if I'm downloading one single torrent, which contains, for example, files C and D.

Thanks for any help :)

Oh I see what you mean yes. Thank you.

But if I limit the number of simultaneous downloads, that won't affect the way the files in the whole torrent get downloaded, will it?

For example, if I set the maximum to 1, that won't avoid all the files (for example, say the episodes of a Tv series) contained in the series' single torrent to get downloaded all together at the same time, will it?

Archived