Downloading large torrents

Mr.Tyrant

Hey im trying to download a large torrent (130 gigs) but its obviously way to large for my hd. Trying to get around the problem im attempting to dl the files within the torrent individually (round 4-5gigs) and burn them. Unfortunatly when I start the dl it gets about 5 mgs in and i get a not enough disk space error and the dl stops. I have about 30 gigs free on the hd and use torrents often. Any solutiion to the problem?

Sorry about that. Ctrl-P -> Advanced -> diskio.sparse_files It is a function of only allocating non-NULL bytes... while still showing the total size of the file (if you right click properties it will say total size (XX on disk)). Hmm yea, you didn't answer though, is the hard drive NTFS formatted? Also are ANY of the files > 4 GiB in size. Although that would only apply if it was not NTFS as FAT32 does not support individual files of that size.

I'm also hoping you are downloading to an internal HDD and not an external USB/Firewire as if the connection drops (from user comment) the torrent immediately goes to X and "error" .. though you can resume it without trouble.

Archived