add peerlist

saraf

hmm in azureus we had a peer list cache

so if we disconect and then reconect we do not loose all our peer. (accidental reboot ?)

i'm not sure if uT have this feature but if not , a simple copy / paste of peerlist can do the trick.

(this is one explanation i have)

• 2 years later...

Thread resurrection FTL.

NO... in any instance where you're trying to add any number of peers by hand, make it so you can get them from the tracker... Copy peerlist is useful for diagnostic purposes. The only difference between the menu item and Ctrl-C on the selected peers is that the menu item ONLY copies the IP and PORT columns.

• 1 year later...

I have exactly the same problem here. I am downloading, it went very well (698kb/s). Then my computer crashed. Luckily I had saved the peer list. I thought I add the peer list but that can't. Now I have a really long list and I don't know wich peer was usefull or not. So why is that feature in the programm if you even can't add a peer list? That feature is useless if you are connected with many peers.

• 1 month later...

Why this feature can't be creating ? It's very important for me because I don't use a tracker and I have a peerlist of friends. but adding it one by one is very boring and long (57 peers). DHT don't find any peers

adding a peerlist like that will be very usefull :

???.???.???.???:?????

Excellent idea. For example, I my internet connection speed is not high, but a great number users of local area network. Actually, we often practice the collective downloads from various trackers and add say 5-10 peers downloading the HD movie on 30 GB rather for a long time, but usually we try to organize peerlists eg

172.21.19.21:26548
172.19.36.1:67489
172.3.46.214:2222
etc

When you do this 5-6 times a night, you begin to hate it very much.

This feature would be very useful.

Switeck : uTorrent connects to and gets a list of OTHER peers/seeds

Not with me. when it connect to one good peer it don't find other peers even if the first peer is connected to the same other peers but if i add some other it find them and connect to them correctly.

I am a developer and this feature is very simple to create cause you have the same feature for add one peer. it's the same code but just with a loop until the end of list.

Archived