Optimal settings for 1024/128 adsl

yerodin

Hi' I would like to know what is the optimal settings for my 1024/128 adsl connection. Search through the forum I know how to set the global max up/down speed (now it's 112/12kbyte seem to be good for me).

The more interesting part for me the Torrent options. Current settings are:

Global max number of connection: 200

Max number of connected peers: 50

Number of upload slots: 3

Max number of active torrents: 2

Max number of active downloads: 2

With these settings and downloading two torrents (10s/71p, 464s/655p) I reach approx half of my down speed. How can I increase that down speed?

And I also would like to know how to download 1, 2, 3 max 6-7 torrents at once, and what to change each time to get an optimal performance. I would like to do this beacuse of some slow torrent downloads no matter what settings I use. But if I download more slow torrents at once, they affects the others speed (decrease) and I also can't get the maximum download speed. Please someone tell me how these settings above work together and how the change them in the right way.

Cheers'

Thanks for your reply. I've already played around some openoffice torrents. And it is interesting, it goes very well, even if I download more torrents too (open office torrents). Thanks to its good peering as you said. But if I download 4-5 slower torrents they don't use my full download bandwith, and decrease each other's speed more then. It happens when I tested the oppenoffice torrents but these torrents really fullfill my download bandwith. And that's why I don't understand why does not the slower ones make the same thing (every torrent have to go its maximum without serious affection by others).

I played after two torrents. Their upload speeds went to high. I limit them 6-6kb (3 uploads each so they got my full upload capacity) on their properties and the speed increased. Interesting. According to this only the global upload limiting not looks very effective when you download more torrents at once.

I will play around with them when I get time again.

Cheers'

try putting ur global to 300 and per torrent to 75. many ppl i know and me included got dreadful speeds when only using the default 50.

and the advanced options change the disk write que size to something like 8000, not sure what the -1 was but it didnt seem to help my speeds at all so i set it to what it was originally to.

I think I found the optimal settings for my connection (1024/128) so I can share it:

Global max upload rate : 9

Global max download: 112

Global max number of connection: 200

Max number of connected peers: 100

Number of upload slots: it can be 1-3

Max number of active torrents: 2

Max number of active downloads: 2

net.max_halfopen = 40

diskio.write_queue_size = 16384

UPnP, DHT, Scraping enabled...

I limited the two active torrents's upload rate to 8kb each, and now it seem to be working fine.

Cheers'

Archived