uTorrent Freezing Computer

CJM1682

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've used AVG since I switched from NAV in 02;). Anti Spyware is not needed for me since I use firefox and disable windows updates so no recommendation there, sorry :(. I don't see previously if you tried downloading the same torrent on a different computer in your network.. or if someone else tried the same swarm and experienced any oddities? I still think your problem is related to software but short of continued posting of logs or private troubleshooting....

Hrm, re-reading the whole thread and it doesn't say whether you tried setting the affinity already? Try the first or the second core for uT processing, which seems to workaround some software incompatibilities. And I do find it quite odd one single 4 MiB piecesize torrent can still cause crashes... if it was due to piecesize any 4MiB piecesize torrent would do it :/

I try many utorrent bulds (1.6-1.8) and on my PC I some times receive freezing...( Core Quad, Raid 0)... when I downloading files from local trecker 5-8 MB\s my HDD always work in very hard state ( I try all cache option but it not help) ... on my old PC I have same problem...I tired struggle with utorrent and some day ago install BitComet 0.98- ON DEFAULTSETTINGS IT WORK LIKE A CHARM!!! NO CACHE PROBLEM! NO FREZZE! WHY DO NOT CREATE UTORRENT WITH CACHE OPTION LIKE IN BitComet? WHY UTORRENT TRY to rape HDD

... it does, if you indeed did try the alpha 1.8 it has options under Ctrl-P -> Advanced -> Disk Cache to bypass the windows cache which is generally how/why people's computers / downloading slows to a crawl after a certain memory usage point.

Capital letters do not get your point across. In-fact I'm pretty sure the rules say something about it. Additionally, uT does work, as long as one configures their computer correctly and doesn't use garbage applications.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived