wont download or seed anything..

LayniePurple

Help... My Utorrent wont download anything or seed what I already have downloaded... I scanned for any bugs and it says its clean... Why wont it download anymore?

Okay so I am just learning all this stuff, I read a lot of other peoples problems and learned how to check my Port... it says Error it does not seem to be open, but any random port I change to always says that same thing... Did I make some one mad and they cut my Thread?... What is a Thread anyways? and How does one cut it?

First. You need to know your network setup. Are you correctly directly connected to your internet? Do you have a router? Are you running software firewalls? These are only a few questions you need to know the answer to first.

Second, I would recommend reading the Guides page to get you acquainted with uTorrent and the way you are sharing files (bittorrent).

Also, please check out the How-To. It is full of information. If you have more specific questions feel free to post them below :)

Thank you for your help so far... okay so yes I have a router and I checked my fire walls... they are allowing utorrent. I have not changed anything, its been hooked up exactly the same way for months now and it just started not working anymore two days ago... thats why I thought maybe a bug. Is there any other reason it would just stop working out of the blue after it has been working for months and nothing has changed?

It could be your ISP. You can always try http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ as a known working torrent swarm to see if the peers there will connect incoming to you (Green network status, and "I" flag under Peers tab) and verify whether your ISP has started throttling your line with over-abundant peer connections, or shapes your torrent traffic below your theoretical maximum.

Archived