Very slow download speeds also cant get port to open.

germanylancer

My download speeds are very slow they are around 30.0kbs at the max. I have run the speed tests every time i open the program and they normally say between 7500-14000kbs. When i ran the port test it said it was not open every time yet i am normally downloading when no one else in the house is online so its just my computer on the internet and maybe xbox live at times. One night it ran close to 1mbs yet that was only once. I am useing this with the site called finalgear.com to download the show top gear. does any one have any ideas on how i can get my speeds to increase to get back to what they were that one night. I am pretty new with this type of software so any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Please make sure you have setup your connection correctly. An easy way to test this is to run http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ in uT, and see if you receive incoming connections ("I" flag under Peers tab, and green network status icon in the taskbar) and if you get your peak advertised download speed (ISP says 1 Mbit down, which is ~ 120 KiBps).

If this is the case, it is the swarm which is not upload proportionately to you. To try and alleviate this, you can change settings such that more bandwidth is used for peer communication (reduce concurrent # of peers, and concurrent torrents)...

Please report your success/failure and behaviour experienced with the OpenOffice torrent :)

Archived