Convert BitTorrent RSS Feeds to Normal Links

kewldude606

Because this is so specialized, I think it would be best suited for a plugin type thing.

My idea is that you provide uTorrent with an RSS feed containing BitTorrent links. uTorrent downloads these links and then makes a new RSS feed with normal HTTP links. More specifically, it starts an http server but only localhost can access it. Then you provide iTunes (or any other not-BT enabled podcast client) with a link like 127.0.0.1/twit.xml and the file points to 127.0.0.1/episode1.xxx.

Good idea, right :).

So basically, you want iTunes etc. to be able to trigger a download through µT by accessing an HTTP link on localhost?

This option sounds waayyyy too complex for me. Why not use a program like TVTAD to pass the RSS feed to µT (or wait for RSS support in µT, which I believe is under construction) and then get your other program to automatically sync everything in your completed downloads folder?

So basically, you want iTunes etc. to be able to trigger a download through µT by accessing an HTTP link on localhost?

This option sounds waayyyy too complex for me. Why not use a program like TVTAD to pass the RSS feed to µT (or wait for RSS support in µT, which I believe is under construction) and then get your other program to automatically sync everything in your completed downloads folder?

Thanks for the link. I just downloaded...

Alright, hope that sorts your problem out, because the only real difference between that and a plugin for µT is that this incurs another program/tray icon. Sure a µT plugin would be better but I think ludde has better things to devote his time to, and you'd be waiting a while for someone to write that plugin for you.

Archived