The only tracker is off, can I add a new tracker?

Darkk_Nights

Uploading it to a new index site will allow it to get to more people... as long as it is not private=1 DHT will allow peers to connect to eachother.

If you want to edit the torrent before you upload it again, might I recommend Ultima's bencoded-file editor?

You can edit the tracker/tracker list... The tracker list doesn't affect download speed. It only affects how fast peers will find eachother. And even then it works the same as DHT as far as peer connections. Nothing can force two peers to connect to eachother.

jewelisheaven,

Thanks. I found it strange, because at mininova.org, it says that there are 12 seeds and 11 leechers for this torrent, but at uTorrent there are 1(1) seeds and 2(6) leechers. And, as the torrent tracker is down, I thought it may be helpful to register the torrent at another tracker also.

Again, thanks for the help!

Sure thing ;) As for mininova, check the details page.. see when it was last updated. Many times index sites or even content distributors stop "live scraping" their site after a certain timeframe / inactivity on a swarm, it saves on DB / CPU / time hits.

Did you find the method I described worked for your specific torrent?

Archived