Upload speed problem

marko69

Hi,

i have crap adsl: 2Mb down/256Kb up. Problem is if i set upload speed to unlimited my download speed is around 30Kbits. But if I limit up speed at 3 or 5 Kb per torrent i can get speed up to 200Kb. I know my upload speed is slow but i whant to seed as much as i can.

Tnx

NEVER set upload to unlimited like burTeh said. Using Ctrl-G is suficient in many cases. Also there is the Setting up your Connection guide (found at the Guides page linked below).

Edit: Sorry burTeh but I have to disagree with you there. 1000 Kbps from a speedtest is off, due to the conversion from bite to Bytes (8:1) which programs use. 1 Mbit down (1000 Kbps) equals ~ 120 KiBps (what you will see in the uT status bar and title bar and speed tabs). Ctrl-G gives reasonable settings based upon upload speed limits. If you are unhappy with those settings, on a working swarm you can try incrementally raising it by 5-10% until your Speed tab upload-only line starts becoming jagged. A smooth line there signifies an ability for you to pump out both UP and DOWNloading data simultaneously at a steady rate.

I'm sorry for replacing your name with the name of the OP. But still a set 2 KiBps less than your theoretical maximum may not be enough on extremely stressed connections. Starting with Ctrl-G for your speedtested line speed is good. From there you can gradually increase it until you notice your download throughput going down.. that's the "sweet spot" for most upload while not impinging on the download.

Archived