2 Versions running and another request

KSava

I would like to be able to run two versions of utorrent so that I could just use one version on a tracker that banned 1.7.x (and I guess they will ban 1.8.x).

Also, I couldn't think of a way to say this in a short manner (for the title) but I'd like to be able to select some place other than %AppData\utorrent to place the torrent files and all that for the same reason as above.

1.7.5 stable has been out... if they don't say why they ban the whole line... maybe it would be a good idea to ask them about 1.6 If 1.6 isn't banned, and they have "no problems" with it, perhaps it would behove them to take another look at or at least look at the threads here in the forum about uTorrent's behaviour. 1.6 isn't supported here and so they're really shooting themselves in the foot if they force their users to stick with old versions.

Sure it's their site, but any site which doesn't use logical and reasonable means to approve/discuss their users' client choice doesn't deserve your time, imnsho.

There are special exploits of private trackers that can be done using v1.6...that can't be done under v1.7.5.

And it's not µTorrent specific either, even Azureus, BitTornado, BitComet, and others are vulnerable to this too.

Were I to elaborate too much, I'd probably just get my post censored by the other moderators. :P

That and it's unnecessary, google knows all. So anyone apt to be cheating/exploiting systems would already have looked or be inclined to look there.

I find it funny that multiple sites in the past have banned uT, and the sites run by honest / logical / HUMAN owners always re-enable uT access.

SURE many disable BETA versions, but that's common sense.

Archived