utorrent port is still blocked :(

Myst

Hiya,

I have set up a static ip and then followed the instructions for my router to open the utorrent port but when I run the test to see if the port is forwarded properly, it always says that it isn't. Is there another step that I need to take?

I'm not very technically adept and while I followed all of the instructions and everything appeared to be working, I really don't understand the changes that I made via the instructions.

I have the following:

qwest

microsoft MN-500

Windows XP

Thanks so much for your patience and any help that you may have. :)

Thank you!

Wow! The speed was fast. I usually get about 5kb when downloading and this was up to 300kb download. I occasionally saw an I flag but mostly it was d DH DS and the network status icon never turned green. It was red and said firewall router is limiting the traffic and that the port needs to be opened.

Let me know if there is any other information that will help with figuring out the problem.

Thank you!

Oh yes, the port listed is the port that I entered into the inbound port and private port. Actually, it was already listed in the persistent port forwarding. All I had to do was enter the proper IP address.

One thing that is odd to me, when I click the test button, it lists a different ip address than what is my actual static ip address. Is this normal?

Archived