System Reboots

uT_noob

Have read the other threads and see people have trouble with multi-core and nvidia firewall. I have quad core (intel core 2 duo quad 6600) and nvidia 8500gt, but no firewall. For 4 days now my computer just randomly reboots. Not BSOD, no error message, no system log (that I can see). Just instantly crashes down to bios. This is only happening when im running uTorrent though. Have been up for 2 days running smooth with no problems... but no downloads. Something I noticed right at the same time reboots started happening is now when i start uTorrent, it has a new splash screen, white box with "test" in it. Never saw that before, but perhaps I wasn't paying attention. Anyone else seeing this splash screen? Anyone having the reboots?

Attached is screen capture. I have added doted red line around the area of where the splash window is (since its on top of white you dont see boundry).

screenshot008rm6.th.jpg

Nope. No BSOD at all... no warning or slowdown. Just instantly crashes and boots back up in bios. By "no downloads" i meant I havent opened uT. Have been playing with it a bit more today, and seem to have found a stable point by setting affinity to just the 3rd core (1,2,and 4th core all crashed). So far no reboot in about 2.5hrs. Not sure where I would turn off auto-reboot, but not sure its relevant since I don't get BSOD.

Archived