Speed problems.... surprise surprise... :P

Finlander

My connection got updated to faster one recently and I bought new router(Zyxel P-660H-D1) few days everything went fine then suddenly I have been only able to upload and download max 1 kB/s and it slows down my whole internet connection. I have tried loads of things to fix speed... I opened port for utorrent in my windows firewall and in zyxel. I have the green OK sign at bottom of utorrent saying that everything should be ok... I have unchecked all what you have told to uncheck in guides... I have installed drivers for my dual-core processor... uninstalled stardock... I have been looking other threads in this forum and they have been making me even more confused... nothing has helped to my problem so thought I should post here...

Everything helps ;)

Can you start by trying http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ to see if you are still capable of sending traffic through @ your previous speeds. It is possible the router is at fault because of low quality, but let's not jump to conclusions shall we :)

Btw, THANK YOU for checking up on your problem first :D

• 2 weeks later...

Where were you able to find the "Port Forwarding" or "Virtual Server" setup for your zyxel router? Has your LAN IP changed since the problem with azureus. If the port is forwarding to your old IP (192.168.1.4 for example) and you are now according to start->run->cmd->ipconfig 192.168.1.9 that could explain your NAT problem.

Also have you tried limiting the extra features of Peers tab -> right click resolve IP addresses, turning off Local Peer Discovery, and / or DHT under Ctrl-P -> BitTorrent ? Those create extra socket connections which could slow the router's relaying of packets down.

Archived