utorrent kills my internet speed

maddoxro

hello.when i start downloading something,no matter if is downloading with 20kb\s or 2 mb\s my internet browsing freeze.i use firefox...

so my problem is that when i am downloading with utorrent,it blocks firefox browsing.

i saw some threads about lower upload speed..etc..but i still haven't figure out ...

so,please..is anyone kind to post here options i have to put in NUMBER OF CONNECTION section,and also what upload speed i should set...

my internet speed si 18 Mbps download with 18 Mbps upload (download is uqual with upload speed :D ), so normaly i download with 2 mb and also upload with 2 mb.

please...

If your internet is flaky... it could be several things. Would you mind please uploading a picture of your Ctrl-G Speed Guide settings somewhere?

Also if you are running too many Ctrl-P -> BitTorrent connections. There could be hardware instability. What system hardware are you running? Are you running x86x64 hardware or multiple core CPU? Are you running any software which interferes iwth normal operation of internet traffic?

Speed Guide : http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1125/ssbr3.jpg

On Bit Connections i use 1000 on globat and the other 2 , 500

my CPU is Athlon 64 3000+,single core :)

i don't user any other software which may interfere...

i saw that there are some setings i have to put to blobal connection,limiting my upload speed...but i don't know how much...what numbers to put there...

But it says 120 and 850 :/

MAN, for my christmas present could I get your 20 Mbit connection :D With that many concurrent connections though due to your high upload we should also check Ctrl-P -> Advanced -> bt.connect_speed and net.max_halfopen. I think we need to start lowering those values to minimum levels to see where it starts getting flaky. :/

I'm having a very similar problem:

when utorrent is running , it is almost impossible to browse the internet, loading a webpage takes several minutes. I cannot get into the routers webui either (ok, in fact i can, but takes just as long as to load a webpage).

Now comes the tricky part: I have an Asus WL500gP router, with 2 PCs connected.

PC1 is running uTorrent and essentially blocking the web communication. However in the meantime i can happily browse the net on PC2!!!!

My speeds and connections are set from the SpeedGuide, but i don't think this is the problem. It's not my firewall either because i tried to disable it, but that didn't help at all.

My guess is that there's something wrong with the local network settings on that computer, but i cannot figure out what it is. IP address and DNS is set to auto, and in the router i set a static ip for the MAC addresses of both PCs.

I'm having this exact same problem (as seen here http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=292492)

And like you said molnart. On this PC (running uTorrent) Core2Quad Q6600 the internet "freezes up" in my FireFox.

Yet the other 3 PC's in my house connected to the same Router all run fine.

jewelisheaven: I'll try that Affinity now. See what happens.

Archived