Disconnects

virusspawn

After im using utorrent for around 3-4 hours my internet messes up and i lose the connection. I have to then go to the other room unplug the modem and the router then plug it back. Ive been having 0-90kbs speeds. Also do you think if i upgrade my internet serice from 1.5mb download-300kb upload to 3mb download-512kb upload, will this double my utorrnet speed aswell? thank you

Your problem sounds like your ISP has automated countermeasures which effectively tries to limit filesharing.

You have several methods of recourse, all of which pertain to modifying your Ctrl-P -> Connection / BitTorrent settings in uT.

a)You may have to reduce total number of connections / per peer. b)You may have to limit your upload more. c)You may have to reduce half-open and connect speed Advanced options.

A way to check your theoretical peek performance is with http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ 100 KiBps in uT is equivalent to about 1 Mbit down. Right now you are on 1.5 so you could possibly see 150 KiBps down on that torrent.

Because not all swarms have peers which are hosted on xx/10Mbit lines or greater. If the modem is resetting itself, you may be using too many connections, or uploading too fast. My ISP roadrunner decided to set their auto-throttling of the modem to hit after around 200 concurrent connections. To test this will require patience and trial-and-error on your part. If lowering your concurrent connection counts does not solve the problem, reduce the total upload throughput 5-10% at a time until you aren't resetting except for a few seconds every 10 minutes (that's 3% downtime).. which is how I deal with it.

Archived