Just a quick question

tacotanker27

You are REQUIRED to upload while downloading the torrent.

It is ok to limit your upload speed as needed for your connection's limits...BitTorrent protocol will adapt somewhat and you'll get reduced download speed if you reduce upload speed too much.

You should never run with upload speed set to unlimited, this hurts basically everyone.

(Well, if you had 100 mbps upload speed it probably wouldn't cause too much harm, but since most people have less than 1 megabits/sec upload speed this is a serious issue.)

I have a 384 kilobits/sec upload speed ComCast connection...I actually get that amount and use it heavily. My upload speed in µTorrent is often set to 40-43 KiloBYTES/sec -- lowered only to prevent excessive lag for web surfing for me and other computers connected through the same internet connection. :P

While downloading, I often reduce my upload speed to only 35-40 KiloBYES/sec, as it allows considerably higher download speed to not have my upload side completely overloaded at the time. Lowering upload speed further tends to decrease download speeds.

Archived