.torrent files dont delete

sesnut

Hmm, well I don't know any specifics which would cause this behaviour other than multiple copies. If you are more inclined to look at exactly what your uTorrent looks like "under the hood" I can recommend Ultima's Bencoded File Editor (linked below). It allows you to see the makeup of your settings and resume DATs in a graphical way. In the resume.dat the keys right below ROOT are the locations of the torrents, so if you load a resume.dat into the application for the running uTorrent process to see what is there, and then go through the procedure you have generally followed before to notice this happening, you should be able to see why it thinks or IF it is thinking you're in the wrong folder. Since you are not overriding any settings, it should all be "my.file.name.torrent" and include no absolute paths. Entries are sorted alphabetically A-Za-z, so you may have to look under the FULL PATH if it does not show itself by just the torrent name you loaded / loaded from RSS. If this helps at all please advise, otherwise I do agree it is a puzzling problem.

That's weird. Which OS are you using?

Can you backup your settings (from %AppData%\uTorrent), delete them and run uTorrent again? If it works, something's probably got messed up in your settings and we need to figure out what.

You can also try running another copy of uTorrent encapsulated (http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#How_can_I_share_my_torrents_between_user_profiles.3F) to check (only create an empty Settings.dat instead of copying your old one over, as that might defeat the purpose of the exercise).

Archived