UT and Browser issues

qwerty312

Hi guys,

Am new to the whole forum thing so not sure if this will come out ok. Up until yesterday I have been using UT for ages without any issues. My connection box at the bottom of the UT screen has been on red (port forwarding icon) but I have had good enough speeds so never bothered with it. Yesterday I tried to configure my zone alarm (which has also been working fine with UT up until this point) using the guide of this site to create an expert rule (?) and open up the port that utorrent uses. I did this and all hell broke loose. My utorrent speeds all completely died, and now when I have firefox and UT open at the same time, my webpage connection always times out and doesn't load. However when I close UT, I can browse the internet fine like normal. So now not only does my UT not download anything, but when it is open I cannot view websites. I have removed the expert rule since, and still the same problem presists.

I have used the forums search function but couldn't find anything to help me out.

Sorry for the long winded rant, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have disabled IP resolving in the Peers tab's context menu

disabled DHT

disabling UPnP and NAT-PMP

Now my UT is connecting to 1 out of 456 peers, at speeds up to 1kBs :| i suppose that is something. But my browser is still not connecting when UT is open. I have also remade and deleted the expert rule just like that topic says but to no avail. I have gone through that topic and tried to do what it says but its just not working. Is there something specific that I am supposed to be doing?

would re-installing utorrent help in any way?

Hello,

I am having the same exact problem.

System Specs:

Microsoft Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Processor AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 Dual Core Processor

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT

I have been using utorrent for over 2 years on numerous computers and am well versed in making sure ports are forwarded and setting correctly configured.

Whenever utorrent starts uploading/downloading beyond 10k/sec the internet starts to randomly cut out on both firefox and IE. If i keep hitting refresh, eventually it will load, with images/banners not being displayed.

Other times it cuts out completely for 10-20 sec. The downloads keep going full speed on both utorrent and Usenet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Archived