Forced Rechecks resulted in Download counter reverting to 0,0% twice.

sammyboy1

In 1 case - the download had reached 55%. When I clicked on Forced recheck the counter moved back to 0,0%.

In the 2nd case - the download was completed & on 100%. The same thing which happened in case 1 happened here & the % download reverted to 0,00%.

Is there any way of getting the % download counters to revert to the % they showed

before doing the forced rechecks?

Uhm, if reverting to 0.0% there is a BIG PROBLEM!

Maybe you didn't have it in the right folder, maybe the folder is not available anymore (Disk unavailable), maybe your hard drive controller is breaking, maybe your controller is unable to save at the speeds.

Can I ask why you thought you needed to force-recheck in the first place @ 55%? Was it after a crash, or some other problem with the computer.

I thank jewelisheaven for his help.

I did 2 force-rechecks because the error on nearly all my downloaded movie files is: "File missing from job. Please recheck."

Most of my listed downloads, including 1 of them which is only part downloaded, all still have the error note. Is there any way the above partly downloaded file can be restored to downloading at it's present download % of 66%?

One movie is downloading to the wrong folder. I could allow it to continue doing this, but can only do that if the above file with the error can be restored.

How can I deal with the bulk of my movie files on my movie list which have the error

given in 2nd paragraph above?

If it changed to 0.0% after a recheck it means uT is not seeing it in the SAME folder as before. Have you tried telling it to open containing folder (on the right click context menu)? Since you know where they are, have you tried manually selecting the download location again (right click -> advanced -> change download location). You will need to do it twice iirc, because if the path is b0rked according to "General" tab you need to change it one-off, then back TO where you KNOW it is. For individual files, during the re-path I'd make sure that you click on the file itself (if you can't see it you're in the wrong folder) and for folders make sure to click on the folder. I hope this helps.

Edit: I just remembered, this can also occur when you are using partfiles and those are deleted, but it wouldn't result in a loss of all data according to uT :/

Archived