disk overload 100%:( can't solve this problem

smackjack22

hi iv been having the disk overload 100% problem ever since i changed my internet speed to 10mbps. Its only a problem when im doing stuff on my computer while downloading otherwise it will download the torrents at regular speeds with no disk overload. The only solution iv seen typed out was to change diskio write que in adavnce options but that option isnt in there. Im using utorrent 1.75. Does anybody have a solution? My computer runs real slow when theres 100% overload even when my cpu usage is like 20-30%. I would really like to fix this problem if anybody can help me.

Are you downloading/uploading to a USB external drive?

Or has your IDE hard drives reverted to PIO modes which require far more CPU time, as they don't support direct memory access in that mode?

Are your drives nearly full?

Have you run disk scans for problems and/or defrag in awhile?

I found the solution it seems : I could not find the earlier suggested diskio.write.que etc etc so I decided to alter a couple of the settings myself : Go to "options" ->"preferences" -> "advanced" -> "Disk Cache" . Tick off the box that says; "Override automatic cache size and specify the size maually ..

Mine was NOT ticked of but when I did and changed it to 500 MB it seemed to sort the problem for good and my DLspeed exploded up to 800Kbs/s :) ( I now have it on 1000 MB and doubled my speed accordingly..)

-Josephken

Archived