Disk space error!

charlie_fong

I was downloading a torrent and minimized utorrent. Started CnC3 and played it for a good hour or so. Then I quit and checked out utorrent. I get this error:

I get "Error: Not enough free space on disk." when I have more than enough free space!

I have plenty of free space on my hard drive, well over 80+GBs. It is also NTFS so I shouldn't have that FAT32 problem. I was thinking maybe it had something to do with the game? Does utorrent have any problems with any game?

o.O Not that we know of. I've actually played CnC3 with uTorrent running and had no problems at all. That message is from Windows, and AFAIK is only seen with files >4 GB and FAT32 drives.

Which torrent did you get the error with? What size files does it contain?

Well now that you say that, It seems it happens randomly. It has happened to several other torrents I've downloaded, but it doesn't occur all the time. Also I forgot to mention this. I had a ram stick that was exchanging faulty data. Does information I download go through the memory and to the hard drive or vice versa? Thus causing this error?

Ahh... that would explain it. Well I just changed the voltage for my ram to v1.8(it was on v1.9 for some reason) and added another good stick. This seemed to fix bad information being exchanged. I use to have problems with lots of my software including utorrent, and updating with Install wizards would always turn out "Patched Error."

Archived