µtorrent breaks connection?

sh4dow

hi

i realize that many people seem to have that problem and that always the router/modems are blamed but the origin of the problem has to lie somewhere else. maybe someone already posted it in some of these lost-connection-threads, i haven't read every single one of them.

anyway... i use emule combined with bt (original client), bitlord, later azureus and now µtorrent since ... well more than just a couple of months now. µtorrent is the first bt-client to kill my connection about once every hour... and it for sure doesn't have anything to do with the max. connections because i've had times where i've used at least double as much connections as i do now (emule + µtorrent together about 500)

so is there some setting besides the maximum connections which can cause to get the connection to the internet killed?

thanks in advance :)

It's probably some obscure chipset-related bug that only manifests itself when there's LOTS of massive network connection attempts, both inbound & outbound, to all very different IPs and the like... :| I've yet to see someone with an Intel chipset complain about this problem, which leads me to believe it's an AMD chipset + µTorrent problem. I could be wrong though... :/

Archived