Seeding and Super-Seeding Problems

dx70

Whenver I upload a file, the seed option allows a peer to connect, but automatically disconnects them. When I super-seed, the peer remains connected. My upload speeds peak then after 10-15 seconds go down to zero for infinate amount of time.

I already have my ports fowarded and was wondering where I can attribute these problems to.

Thanks.

Certain ISPs including Optimum Online and Cox detect the protocol exchange and when they see that you have a 100% completion they don't allow you to make new connections. (Supposedly they do this to save their bandwidth.) Super-seeding mode uses a different protocol that bypasses their detection.

Fortunately µTorrent has a way of sneaking in despite their efforts. In advanced options you can set peer.lazy_bitfield = true. This isn't perfect, but it is darn good, allowing you to get lots of connections on a healthy torrent.

I've had peer.lazy_bitfield = true set for a few days now.

After letting my upload run for a while with this annoyance of the odd upload pattern, it has become more consistent with more users leeching, as others have the amount they leeched increase. There may be no problem and it just may be my impatienceness.

in my case there is definitely a problem. My ISP is on to the Lazy_bitfield trick and is limiting my seeding. I wish there would be a solution to this problem. I hate it that my ISP is making a leecher out of me by cutting my upload the minute my download is complete.

Archived