the real question about speed and internet clogging

slumlord

why is it that i can download at my maximum cable speed off one tracker and my surfing isnt even phased but a different tracker will completely clog up my internet when there are even less seeders/leechers and im downloading at 100k or less?

i think most speed / clog issues on this forum are because of whatever reason what ive stated is happening.

To be honest: On any connection (aside from 100 Mbit synchronous) 55 peers on one torrent is overkill.

Edit: With those same settings, only one torrent running, try running a torrent from http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ or http://www.slackware.com/torrents/ for ~ 5 minutes each to see what happens for those in relation to the rest of your browsing experience on that specific computer.

Download speed usually doesn't clog your internet connection. Even if you are maxing it there often is enough room for normal browsing etc. However your upload speed is a lot less and maxing it out barely leaves enough room for normal browsing etc.

Do the speedguide again cos I'm guessing your upload cap is too high.

oh sorry my upload is set at 10k until it changes for seeding.

my

see this is what i dont understand.

i got a 3dvd boxset last night downloading it from my 600kb to my max 800kb while on aim (trading bmps and songs) and for about a half an hour listening to shoutcast.

i think there were ~80seeds and 250peers for the first half of my dl.

right now, im getting something off a different tracker, 17seed 81peer im at 50kb and my browsing is at stage1stuttering :) or intermittent stuttering where it takes a long time to get images/ads from sites other than the original site.

what i know is:

alot of the time i get this clogging effect when im on bigger trackers like piratebay.

its not my provider because i could switch over to a few other specific trackers and everything would be normal and fast.

• 5 weeks later...

yeah i i've mine set for 100 connections per torrent, i most of the time the highest i've seen was around 55 connected (outside the brackets)

so having it set to like 60 per torrent is more than good enough.

not necessary over kill, but of the 55 connected at most maybe only 10~15 are actually transferring data.

If your router and modem speed allows it then go all out for it, but if you are on a slower connection, or have router problems, then don't as mentioned above.

Sorry for offtopic. I download one torrent but the torrent is red reason: offline but still download. Wtf!? Many torrents is that... why is problem. I turn off the program and start and run torrents. Sometimes is good,but again are change with same reason. :(

Archived