µTorrent wins again (for wireless)

Kludge

Upon a major reshuffle of everything hardware, i decided to move my D-Link G604T Wireless router, and also my torrent box upstairs, and connect wirelessly... Works flawlessly, still maximum download & upload (as you would expect, naturally)... However... When i try the same with AZureus 2306, it crashes (BSOD) within minutes of running... On the BSOD it blames a driver, which upon googling, is the wireless AIR-Link PCI card i am using

so thats ANOTHER good reason to use µTorrent :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

hmm strange, i'm certainly not using any special settings on the wireless card (because there aren't any really) only small things i've changed are within the router itself to prevent mass fragmentation of packets... AZ2306 crashed out, uTorrent ran for over 24hrs without a problem.. Will have to see if i can find others' problems :)

Long before I started using any BitTorrent clients I had an obnoxious BSOD problem with my Toshiba laptop with built-in Intel 2200BG wireless. The system would crash seemingly randomly. I suffered with that for months before I finally found out it was the fault of Intel's device driver. I updated the driver and have had no BSODs since.

µTorrent works great on my Toshiba. No problem hitting my cable modem bandwidth caps. Yay, µTorrent!

One thing that comes to mind is packets per second.

If µTorrent is using "full" packets that are typically over 1,000 bytes then it may not be sending very many packets per second to maintain full speeds.

But Azureus may be sending predominately dial-up style packets of <600 bytes size for file transfers -- thus needing potentially 2x as many to do the same tasks.

End result, some fuzzy upper limit on packets per second is exceeded by Azureus but not µTorrent.

Archived